Now Available Separate from the Units of Study in Opinion, Information, and Narrative Writing!
The Guide to the Writing Workshop, first introduced as a part of the Units of Study in Opinion, Information, and Narrative Writing, is now available for separate purchase. The Guide can be an essential manual for principals, curriculum coordinators, coaches, and others who are supporting implementation of Units of Study—or for anyone wanting to learn more about writing workshop.
The Guide to Writing Workshop offers a comprehensive but concise introduction to:
- The Units of Study Series
- What state standards say about writing
- What to expect from primary writers
- The necessities of writing instruction
- Provisioning a writing workshop
- Classroom management in writing workshop
- Minilesson basics
- Effective conferring and small-group work
- Support for English learners
- Building your own units of study