Information for Authors
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
If you have a manuscript you'd like us to consider for publication, please review our guidelines for submitting materials. Also, please review our website to see if your work is appropriate for our list. We do not publish children's books, elementary textbooks, or novels.
Now that your proposal has been accepted by Heinemann, you'll need information on how best to prepare your manuscript and art for release.
Please review the Author Guidelines. It will give you, the author, direction on how best to present your manuscript to us once it is final. We cover everything from disk and art package preparation to a brief discussion of permissions. We explain what you will see as your book progresses, what you should do at each stage, and with whom you'll be working. We've also included a Sample Art Chart to help you track your art and to release to us when your manuscript is completed.
Heinemann's Author site is intended to be an all-around tool to help us serve you better and to give you access to the information you need in a timely way. Using the site you can:
- Let Heinemann Sales know where you're speaking so we can work with you to get your books or book flyers there
- Check the sales of your books
- Communicate with the various Heinemann departments
To obtain your author login credentials for this site, please contact
Permissions / Form Release Letters for Authors
Please refer to our Author Guidelines for a detailed discussion of what needs permissioning and how to obtain those permissions. To help you, specific request forms have been developed both to save you time and also to provide legal protection for commercial publication of your book. We cannot accept permissions granted for requests sent on other forms or letters. We also cannot accept emailed permission; it must be an original, signed form. If applicable to your project, please use the following form letters:
- Sample Photograph and Student Work Release Letter
- Sample Teacher Permission Request Letter
- Sample Student Permission Request Letter
- Sample Art Chart
- Sample Permissions Chart
- Sample Video Cover Letter
- Video Release Letter for a Minor
- Video Release Letter for an Adult
- Video/Photo Release Letter for Adult and/or Minor